As color-coding the terrain was confusing due to lighter and darker shades, I decided to make some basic graphics for the terrain so that it would be easier to distinguish between different terrain types. Here they are in all their glory!
I made a sizeable effort to optimize the speed so that I can start working on the 2-computer networked version. I increased the speed by approximately 20%… from 9 FPS to 11 FPS when drawing the most things possible. Not great, but it was still an interesting exercise to refactor code from one class to another in an effort to make drawing faster.
I’ve been busy with some other things for the past week or so, but now I’ll be getting back to working on this strategy game!